A Proposal

They used to sit alone on their benches; the so-called Nerds of the class. They used to do even the partner-projects alone. They had a miserable life according to me. How could they be like that?
But, we'll leave that for now. 'Cause today, when the professor announced another partner-project in the class, something unusual happened. In general, they both would get up and ask the professor, permission to do the project alone, but not this time. Both sat there ignoring everything around them, I guess they had not heard the professor; it happens with them a lot. They get lost in their head so much that they loose all sense of what’s going on around them.
As soon as the Professor left, I waited for the class to get empty, so that I could leave the class without facing the crowd. Just then, I found both of them still sitting there, scribbling something on a paper. This was totally unusual, as they had a habit to leave the class just behind the professor. They remained there even when the three of us were the only people left in the classroom. I waited outside the class to peek in, as my intuition asked me to.
As I peeked in, she got up from her place and went to him; handed him a piece of paper; he in exchange, handed her a similar piece of paper. Both of them smiled.
A Proposal had just been Exchanged.

#HappyProposeDay <3

1 comment:

  1. As usual, just what I've come to expect from http://theacumensaurora.blogspot.in/!
    A brilliant tribute to the days preceding one of the most cherished festivals.

    ReplyDelete